8.04.2009

The New Phone Book's Here! The New Phone Book's Here!

I was saving that title for the day when I received my new favorite book, but evidently the Postal Service has better things to do than deliver it to my house today. HowEVer, I wanted to convey my excitement(!!!) that Danny Evans' new book, Rage Against the Meshugenah comes out today, and you should all head straight to your favorite purveyor of bookes and pick up a copy.

Since I'm not one of the select few who received an advance copy (I won't hold it against you, Danny, but don't think I won't be bitter and remember that when MY book comes out...just sayin')*, this recommendation is based on my having been a faithful reader of his blog for the past few years. And that said? As soon as you finish his book (or at the very least, order it), go to his blog and familiarize yourself with his archives. Especially this post. And this one. And this one.

I'm a little biased, I realize, when it comes to being drawn to his writing. He has a boy and a girl, I have a boy and a girl. He has a hot wife, my husband has a hot wife. He battled depression, and some of the people I love most in this world have as well

But. Be assured that even if you're none of the above, if you at least possess a shred of a sense of humor and the ability to read, you won't be disappointed. This guy is one of the funniest and best writers I've ever come across, and oh! added bonus: he has a heart, and a conscience.

So what are you waiting for??? Go buy the book!!!!

And Danny, if you're reading this, of course I'll send you an advance copy of my book. As soon as I find a publisher. And an agent. And actually write a book. In fact, you can haz two!)

No comments: