10.23.2007

Dizziness Galore and Stories of Cat Regurgitation. You've Been Warned.

My new computer monitor is making me dizzy. I was on it for 1/2 an hour the other night, right after we hooked it up, and I was incapacitated for the whole night, the room spinning as if after a really bad (or good) night out. HDTV has the same effect on me. Big, clear graphics do a number on my equilibrium. I think I'm subconsciously trying to keep my husband from upgrading our tv. Either way, it makes me feel like a giant wuss.

I wish I could say we upgraded our monitor just because we're cool and groovy and decided to go to a large electronics hellhole and spend a lot of money. The truth is, my brother and sister-in-law gave us one they weren't using, because our Stupid Cat unexpectedly fried ours with her puke.

Yes, that's right. Stupid Cat, laying atop the monitor because it's "warm" and "fuzzy" and "quiet" decided to have a "puking incident" measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale right where she was sleeping. Atop the monitor, you recall. I ran to get paper towels to clean it up, but was 5 seconds too late...it had already run down through the vents on top and when I got there, the inside of the monitor was going, Tsssszzzzzztttt, smoke actually came out and the odor of burning cat puke was akin to what I imagine the seventh level of hell smells like. And the pictures in my screen saver started getting all wonky and wavy gravy.

STUPID CAT SHORTED OUT MY COMPUTER MONITOR WITH HER SICK.

If replacing it had actually cost us any money or GOD FORBID if she did that to the hard drive, this post would include a link to craigslist advertising a free 13-year-old cat, hairball control cat food included (but not guaranteed to work).

Stupid cat.

********************************************************************************

In other dizziness-related happenings, Sassy was spinning in the kitchen this weekend, because she's three, and three-year-old girls like to spin. (Fortunately she has a stronger stomach than her mommy.)

"The whole ROOM is spinning round and round! The whole HOUSE is spinning!" Then she turns to John to shout a warning to him as she's swaying back and forth.

"Daddy! Hold on tight!"

At least she didn't puke in my monitor.

No comments: