1.12.2007

Early Bird Special, Anyone?

The best part of waking up...is going right back to sleep again.

I have been a slug this morning. I've been on the verge of a cold every day this week, and it turns out to be a false alarm. Then this morning, lots of unfortunate symptoms, so I got C.P. ready for school, and went back to bed with Squishy and dozed while she watched tv.

And yes, I am absolutely thrilled that I can do that, but it's truly a rarity when I actually do.

Finally got up, stumbled into the kitchen, made coffee and sat at the table while we played Squishy's new favorite game, "Who Lives Where?" a really cute wooden memory game with animals painted different colors, little roofs you have to pick up, etc. She loves it, and truthfully? She beats me every time. Not by a little, by a lot. As in, there are ten animals each when two people play, and by the time she was done ("I winned, Mommy, I winned!") I still had eight.

I still had eight.

I'm hoping this has nothing to do with my Brain Age, but more to do with the fact that I was still drinking coffee #1, and truthfully I wasn't really paying attention. Because if I really did measure my brain age? I think I'd be eligible for cheap movie tickets.

Either that, or I have insanely talented children. Who also beat me at bowling. I took them last week, my sister joined us, and I came in last.

I used the bumpers.

But then she's so compassionate. She hasn't reached that age yet where she competes for everything and needs to win it all. After she beat me at "Who Lives Where?" she said, "Mommy, I'll help you find your animals so YOU can win TOO." So sweet. And soooo condescending.

I'm going to practice. Then I will totally kick her ass. Those animals won't know what hit them. I'll be like the Ken Jennings of "Who Lives Where."

Such high aspirations I have, no?

****************************************************************************

I've decided to rename Squishy for blogging purposes. That was really a nickname we used when she was a baby, and it seems a little dated, so I'm going to start calling her Sassy. She called herself that for about a year, sometimes Princess Sassy, and trust me--it suits her like Chanel.

I'll be putting out a press release later to inform everyone of the change.

I know I've more than enthralled you loyal readers enough for today, I don't want to overwhelm you with witty insite. So have a lovely day, and weekend--a long one for some.

peace out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can handle the changeover from Squishy to Sassy, but I'll try.

Dude, I just saw on your sidebar that you fiercely hate pumpkin pie. I'm not sure we can still be friends. I'll have to think on it. Oh wait, you love Eddie as much as I do. I can forgive the pumpkin pie quirk. Ooh hey, did you know he's getting a show on FX called The Riches? I think it starts in March so look out!

Anonymous said...

Ah, she gave you a "pity win" ?? :)